VEGETABLE HEAVEN

Growing and eating lovely food. Trying something different. Saving seeds, breeding my own varieties. Gardening isn't dull!



Thursday, 8 July 2010

Ash Cloud sunsets



A trio of views over the last 3 nights which I am sure can be laid at the door of the Icelandic volcano. A few years back there was a fall of loess (desert dust) which left a fine red powder on cars but also gave rise to some spectacular sunsets. I think this is the same. I don't know how long it will last but I've been tempted out the front door to goggle the last few nights.

9 comments:

Mrs Dobby said...

Hi Flumm, we saw the same fantastic sunset here last night, brilliant display that took our breath away, well done you for getting such good piccies of it!

BilboWaggins said...

How absolutely STUNNING. You've ensured I stick my head outside at sunset tonight to see if we get such a treat here.

Daniel Chapman said...

Beautiful!

freerangegirl said...

What amazing sunsets - its good to know the eruptions was good for something! Love what your doing on your blog and very jealous of your red tomatoes!

~TastyTravels~ said...

Amazing sunsets!!

Celia Hart said...

What colours!!! I'd actually forgotten about the ash - now it's been down-graded as non threatening to aircraft safety.

Celia

Jo said...

We had a similar sunset two nights ago. They're really pretty. I remember the desert dust which left the coating on the cars.

Sue Garrett said...

Does look dramatic!

Kath said...

From your comments it seems to be happening everywhere (in Britain). Well worth toddling out to look.