The first two of my F2 generation crosses have flowered this morning. They've been in bud for days, teasing me! This is no.7, and slightly more pink in the colouring than no.8. I love the way the wing petals almost form a circle.
No.8 has a larger keel which is deeper in colour though it's hard to tell from the photographs. The wing petals are a little less pink, slightly more lilac too.
There are 31 more of these to come. You'll get bored before I will!



7 comments:
You must be excited now that they're in flower, wondering what you're going to get. The bluebells are just coming into bud in my garden.
Those pea flowers are really beautifully colored. The bluebell forest floor is beautiful too.
Yeay, pretty flowers! Do not assume we will get bored - I'm just saving all this up for next year.
The bluebells are beautiful, I'm planning on going to Rannerdale tomorrow.
Very exciting seeing your peas flowering (though the technicalities of it are completely over my head!). Sounds like a great outing to the bluebells too, we're heading for Rutland Water tomorrow.
Bluebells all round then?
Two more have opened - another bicolour and a white, which is a noticably smaller flower.
Congratulations! This is the really exciting bit. Don't count on me getting bored any time soon!
Fabulous colour and how nice to get blooms so early.
Post a Comment