VEGETABLE HEAVEN

Growing and eating lovely food. Trying something different. Saving seeds, breeding my own varieties. Gardening isn't dull!



Friday, 8 January 2010

Staying in!

The front garden looks like a Christmas card. The snow is falling fast now and the light is fading and it's only 3.40 p.m. I decided, after a visit to my Mum's and a quick flit around the village with agendas for our next week's Britain in Bloom meeting, that inside is the place to be!


After telling QuiltSue on a previous comment, that the body of the current quilt is 64" sq I got off me bum and measured it to find that the squares are 9" not 8", so it's actually 72" sq. I wanted a contrast border, but not one of the colours in the quilt - which left me with black and white which won't clash with anything! There's an inner border of creamy colours, the black and white major border then another creamy one. The intention is to make a final bright yellow border, like the cream ones. Binding in blue?

7 comments:

BilboWaggins said...

Works for me, yellow border and blue binding sound great and this certainly is the weather for getting on with it.

Stefaneener said...

That is pretty but so chilly.

I think your border solution is ingenious.

Matron said...

Yes! it is all over Britain -

Daniel Chapman said...

We just had our first true snow last night. Seems the UK is getting all our snow this year :-)

QuiltSue said...

Or scrappy binding in black?

Kath said...

I did think of black, Sue, but I'm reluctant to take away from the original colours by using the black and white so much. It will definitely be scrappy!

More snow last evening and overnight. We can't get the car out now - steep drive and run out of grit - whoich you can't get for love nor money!

Helen said...

I'm liking your black and white for the quilt lovely idea.