There was no chance of doing anything outside - the snow fell from dawn until around 2.00 p.m. This being the case I decided to get the sowing machine out.
I've been making this quilt on and off for nearly 2 years. I broke off to make several baby quilts when I'd just started making up the blocks. At that point we began to sort out the spare bedroom and had the floor laminated and I decorated it. Since then we've been waiting for a local chap to make me a workbench with storage underneath. I'm getting fed up of the wait now. I think I'll ring him with an ultimatum!
Close up of the blocks. It's a 2 block pattern and I'm currently cogitating upon borders, how many, what style etc. I shall have a think!

7 comments:
That's very smart indeed! Beautiful colours to work with to cheer up the winter.
No more snow here, but very very cold.
Celia
That's very pretty, I do like!
BTW, I think you have gardening on the brain but it good to see you sowing at this time of year {giggle}
That's looking beautiful, you have such a good eye for colours. Had about 2" of snow here this morning, but nothing much this afternoon.
Very nice! Will you hand quilt, or machine quilt? I STILL haven't finished the nephew's Christmas quilt, and have two for my girls unquilted. If I had them on a frame, I'd do a little here and there. . . but no room. Two years is nothing!
Coo! Nice quilt!
It was lovely to have a walk in the snow earlier, but I've had enough of it being SO cold! How are the chooks getting on? Cuddled up if they've any sense!
That's lovely. How big is it? As for borders, does it need them?
Thanks Celia - blue and yellow are favourites here - sunshine and blue skies!
Ha Bilbo! I think I shall leave that typo in. Sums me up!
It's above freezing here Sewali but it's snowing again.
I'll probably machine quilt it Stefaneener, it's intended for a wedding quilt this July.
Strangely Hazel, the chooks don't seem to mind the snow - they have a roof over their run so they aren't actually paddling in it. I think cold winds and rain are worse for them. 4 eggs again this morning.
The quilt as shown is 64" square Sue. As I indend it for a marriage bed it had better be a bit bigger!
Post a Comment