Seedlings

The chillies are looking good now, although I have to turn them several times a day to avoid them being drawn too much towards the light.

Here are the onions - variety Rose de Roscoff - which will soon be large enough to dib out into individual modules.
The quilt has grown as much as it's going to! I've now quilted in the ditch around each block to stabilise it. I want to have a session or two with pencil and paper free-hand drawing - possibly leaves - to try them on the blocks. I won't manage to 'draw' them with the sewing machine if I can't do it with a pencil!

Himself went for a walk on the beach at Hornsea this morning and came back with this sea urchin fossil. It's in lovely condition - sometimes they are squashed.
7 comments:
That is a seriously nice fossil. Your babies are growing up nicely too.
Lovin the little seedlings! Makes me want to start some. I have some amish bottle onions coming any day now. Can't wait to try them out. The quilt looks great, very talented.
Spot on with the quilting - the more you draw a design first the better muscle-memory you will create and the stitching will be a great deal easier.
Definitely gorgeous fossil - well done to Himself for finding it.
Seeds sprouting! There is hope! is it Spring yet?
Must get started with my seeds.
Do you have a walking foot on your machine? I tried a spot of machine quilting and made a complete hash of it. So I'm slowly hand quilting the small, late, unfinished Christmas present.
I must say your seedlings have me wanting to place "just a few" in the pots. After having placed my seed order, I am anxious. Beautiful quilt too!
Hi Stef - yes, I did the in-the-ditch quilting with a walking foot. I also use an embroidery foot. However, this quilt is so big I'm finding the weight of it, and moving it under the needle, a strain on my wrists. I'm considering hand quilting indise the blocks.
Hi Di, yes, just a few eh? The bulk of my sowing is done in March and April but chillies and some of the beefsteak tomatoes take such a long time to maturity it's tempting to start a few early.
Post a Comment