The interesting part came when I cooked them. I boiled them in their skins and peeled them as they cooled. The deep amethyst potato at the top was Spud 5. This cooked well and stayed waxy and the flavour was wonderful. Spud 1 however, split in its skin while boiling and was fluffy textured (not a feature I value in a salad potato) and it was insipidly pale compared to the other. The flavour was nothing special either. From these two, it is definitely Spud 5 that's going forward to the final tasting. So far it will be between Spud 5 and Spud 2. Interesting to see what the final 2 bring!
The Autumn Paintbrush is Out
3 days ago

2 comments:
Spud 5 looks an interesting one. Much better than Edzell Blue (but that wouldn't take much)
Celia
The last 2 should be interesting too Celia. They are pale rose and deep pink! (Uncooked, that is.)
Post a Comment