Easily my favourite! They are gorgeous in flower, low-growing enough to keep tidy, small pods but plenty of them and the flavour is very good. Added to this, they are the most beautiful jade green in colour and don't go grey when cooked. What's not to love about them?
Watering,Walking and Waiting for Rain
16 hours ago

7 comments:
Beautiful!
They're my favourite too :-)
Celia
They look lovely, but then, all of your produce looks fab :}
Yep - mine too!
And they smell lovely.
The only disappointment was that when I read your title, I thought the beans were going to be red!They look gorgeous though.
I didn't grow any this year, but I have seeds saved from last year. I think I agree with you, the small pods are easy to manage and there are lots of them. The flowers are stunning too. I have swapped seeds with bloggers round the world and there seems to be a consensus of opinion. Only problem seems to be that they easily cross pollinate with white flowered ones.
They do cross easily. I try to get over this by only growing the Crimson Flowered at home and my other beans of choice at the allotment. The farmers can make it difficult though as they sometimes sow field beans a couple of fields away!
What a nice bean harvest.
Post a Comment