VEGETABLE HEAVEN

Growing and eating lovely food. Trying something different. Saving seeds, breeding my own varieties. Gardening isn't dull!



Tuesday, 23 June 2009

Pretty peas and unknown toms

These are my Salmon Flowered peas - aren't they stunning? The pods themselves are not huge but the peas are small and sweet and I think, just for their decorative qualities they are well worth garden space.


The tomatoes above and below are my crosses. You can see that the orange gene is dominant! They are bigger than my Sungolds too, although not massive as tomatoes go.

I'm leaving them to ripen fully and sweeten up in the sun before I hold a tasting test. Won't be too long!

4 comments:

Daniel Chapman said...

That pea is amazing, I may have to look for that one next year. I had no idea there was so many versions of a pea.

Kath said...

Remind me in the autumn Dan, and I'll let you have some seeds.

Hazel said...

Wonderful looking pea, Flum - thank you for the pic.

Toms looking good too - although I must say visually I prefer a red tommy to an orange one. Picky, I know!

BilboWaggins said...

Peas look stunning, toms aren't bad either!