This is a view from the far end of the garden back towards the house. I have the paddock behind me (not ours, sadly!), the greenhouse to my right and the rhubarb and gooseberry patch to my left. If you look carefully you can see I'm being watched by a chicken on a chair! (Clicking on the image will enlarge it - then click on the back button to return to the page). The empty ground on the right will have the remaining dwarf french beans and some courgettes in. There's about as much garden the other side of the hen-house. It has the bit of grass the chickens use (chicken field), a mini flower meadow, a pond, a circular stone patio surrounded by perennials and the herb bed just outside the back door.
This is a chili pepper from a pack of mixed seeds called Chili Shake. Be interesting to see how it turns out.This is the first truss of my cross-bred tomatoes. I have several trusses on different plants but I think this is the most advanced.
Here's one of my Egremont Russet apples. The step-over trees were bought in the spring of last year. They flowered then but didn't set fruits, so it's exciting this year. There's another - related to a Cox which has also set well.





12 comments:
Your gardens are so beautiful. I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I have really enjoyed perusing through your blog. It is most enjoyable to read your posts on heritage vegetables and plant breeding as I find that subject to be most fascinating.
Mike
Thanks Mike, and welcome!
Your garden looks suspisciously weed free... my garden and allotment are both looking very haphazard and weedy, despite my efforts!
Aren't the girls growing up quickly?! Love the floor too :o)
Your plot might be weed free, but your pea wigwam has been drinking! ;-)
I do like your front garden - so rich!
I can't believe how quickly the girls have grown either! Have just had a look back at the pics of the youngest on the quilt back in August - ahhh!
All looks wonderful out there, and not an inch of wasted space!
The garden looks good. I can't believe how the kiddy-winkles have grown, I love the floor too.
It'n not really weed free they are just small!
I must have spilt a drop Hazel - it looks worse in the picture - the way that spires seem to topple. There's something technical about this phenomenon whose name I can't remember - that's why they sell architectural photographers a whacking expensive lens to correct it.
the little girls are growing so fast.....and beautiful!
The garden looks as though you will want for nothing in the following months - well done you.
My greenhouse grown toms haven't even got a little tom on them yet - plenty of flower though, and now I have removed all the seedling poppies they will have all the feed I put on them! :-))
I'm just so impressed that I don't see any weeds growing among your onions! You must have been out there with the hoe!
Children do grow fast don't they Granny - too fast in some ways.
Ah, Matron! I bought an onion hoe in Garden Centre a bargain bin a few weeks ago. Can't believe I've never had one before. Maybe it's the novelty? A big dutch hoe is rather unwieldy between the rows.
Good morning, your garden is looking really neat and lovely. Great to find a person and blog with an interest in veggies!
Pleased to meet you.
Greetings from Tyra in THE GREENHOUSE
Post a Comment