VEGETABLE HEAVEN

Growing and eating lovely food. Trying something different. Saving seeds, breeding my own varieties. Gardening isn't dull!



Monday, 2 February 2009

Let it snow!

The view from the front window this morning, during a blizzard.

The school bus didn't run from the village this morning and I've seen senior school kids playing in the snow. My husband is working from home - there's such a narrow lane into the village and it's not getting to work that's the problem, it's being able to return.

We've had several heavy flurries since this picture was taken and there's obviously more to come. Can't see yesterday's snowdrops any more!

5 comments:

sewali said...

Woo hoo, what fun! Only got an inch or so here at the mo, but it's just started coming down again.

BilboWaggins said...

Think you['ve got more than us, and you're welcome to keep all of it.

That SewAli is barking mad - she's enjoying this!

Kath said...

I can do test pits! However, I'm busy with hen-runs - can't do everything. If you still need it done later in the year, I'm your amateur archaeologist!

Matron said...

I've just noticed a car hidden away in the background of your photo! I bet it's buried now, isn't it?

Kath said...

No Matron - it rained on Monday evening and we've had no snow since. If it had snowed instead, you'd have been right!