VEGETABLE HEAVEN

Growing and eating lovely food. Trying something different. Saving seeds, breeding my own varieties. Gardening isn't dull!



Monday, 30 July 2012

Gluts

Can you die of broad bean and raspberry poisoning?  They have not been part of the same dish but they seem to have featured separately at every meal for weeks!  While they are comming though, I am using them fresh.  I like to freeze just a portion or two of broadies to accompany Chrismas dinner but other than that I would rather eat things in their season.  I've made lots of raspberry jam and I think the next thing on the list will be Raspberry Vodka.  That's just heavenly!

6 comments:

Stefaneener said...

Raspberry vinegar, raspberry salad dressing, raspberry lemonade. . . oh yes, in season putting them in everything seems like a good idea.

BilboWaggins said...

Lucky you, raspberries are a FINE thing to have a glut of :}

Matron said...

The raspberries will have loved all this wet weather, they are one of the few crops that have benefited.

Daniel Chapman said...

Never heard of bean poisoning :)

Hazel said...

Autumn razzies just kicking in here - the summer variety I have is a bit so-so, but the autumn 'Joan J' are going for broke, both in terms of fruit, and runners (world domination is their plan).

Probably not right, somehow, to pick and eat so many all at once...

GeeGee Parrot said...

Oh... that did make me laugh.. which is lovely to do on a very wet day.. the good thing is that I know the rain is making my allotment very happy and helping to break down the old manure and wood chippings that I have covered my beds with.. now it is time to work out which beds are growing what next year, happy autumn days to all you other flower / fruit and vegetable gardeners / readers..
GeeGee Parrot.