Growing and eating lovely food. Trying something different. Saving seeds, breeding my own varieties. Gardening isn't dull!
Wednesday, 25 July 2012
"Who's been polishing the sun?
Chasing all the clouds away? They must have known just how I like it Everything's going my way!"
Welton Waters - a man-made body of water just yards from the river Humber and separated by an embankement. The lake was full of swans and one or two people in boats.
Here's an unusual plant for this area - spiny restharrow. The flower of restharrow is usually a washy pink and white. Some of these were pure white and very upright. It's usually a sprawling plant. I understand the name comes from the tangled mat of root which would bring your harrow to rest. I love learning things like that!
A teasel in bud. I love the architectural nature of this plant. It was small enough to look down into but later in the season it will be as tall as I am.
Rubbish picture again - I always find this particular colour defines very badly in evening light. It's great hairy willowherb which is also known as codlings and cream. Codlings are apples, (codling moth!) so they must be rather rosy apples. More plant folk takes!
Squinting into the sun and wearing a sunhat - it MUST have been summer yesterday!
2 comments:
But will it still be summer tomorrow?
Past experience says no Sue!
Post a Comment