VEGETABLE HEAVEN

Growing and eating lovely food. Trying something different. Saving seeds, breeding my own varieties. Gardening isn't dull!



Tuesday, 27 December 2011

Down the lane

We walked along the lane behind the house this morning to build up an appetite for lunch. The lane was very clarty and slutchy and good for footprint watching. Alongside the little and large prints of the village dogs and their walkers I found a few other 'walkers'. Above is the track of a moorhen in the mud on the little metal bridge that spans the land drain where we usually turn back.


This character followed me all the way there and back. I think her pockets were stuffed with gloves and a camera case!




We often see deer on our walk but a couple of dog walkers had preceded us and all we found were the marks where they had climbed the muddy bank at the side of the track. I suppose you would call it a green lane, though it's brown and very wet at this time of year. We were really ready for and enjoyed our lunch!

No comments: