VEGETABLE HEAVEN

Growing and eating lovely food. Trying something different. Saving seeds, breeding my own varieties. Gardening isn't dull!



Thursday, 28 April 2011

New neighbour

This little foal appeared in the paddock at the end of our garden yesterday. You can see the two year old behind.


The horses are always curious and generally come over to see what I'm up to, get their noses stroked and on one memorable occasion, sup my tea!


In the foreground you can just see the ragged apology for a blackberry on my garden boundary, that the two year old munches. He seems to prefer the green leaves (and thorns) to the ripe fruit. Now I feel it's really spring.

8 comments:

sewali said...

Oh, that's so cute, lucky you being able to watch him play and grow, but not be responsible for the upkeep!

Hazel said...

I love the middle photo...it looks like Mum and foal are doing a little dance.

BilboWaggins said...

What a little darling.

Paul and Melanie said...

Awwww how lovely to have them at the bottom of your garden! Must be lovely to wander over and have a chat. :)

Sue Garrett said...

Gorgeous - where I used to teach we had horses in the field next door and remember my class having a really long playtime watching a foal being born - they were concerned though when the foal dropped onto the ground with a thud!

littlekarstar said...

Sooooooo gorgeous!

Kath said...

They are lovely at that age, aren't they? Himself says it only wants another few inches of neck to be a giraffe!

Jo said...

What a cute neighbour you have. I'd love to have horses at the bottom of my garden.