VEGETABLE HEAVEN

Growing and eating lovely food. Trying something different. Saving seeds, breeding my own varieties. Gardening isn't dull!



Tuesday, 26 April 2011

The May be out!



Yesterday we had a sunny walk and found the May blossom was well out in places. I didn't cast a clout, fortunately, in fact I've added a layer. It's perishing today. It's probably the seasonal average though. We've been spoilt with temperatures in the 20s lately. Back to earth with a bang!

6 comments:

Sue Garrett said...

We commented on all the May blossom too

BilboWaggins said...

Out here too. You may now officially cast a clout!

Hazel said...

My dad always had May in his garden...in fact he had a 'May Walk'. When I was a little girl, I couldn't understand why it as called May...because at this end of the world it doesn't flower in May...more like October-November.

Daniel Chapman said...

Nice shot! Things are just starting to bloom here. Been a really late start this year.

Jo said...

Such a lot of things are early this year because of the warm weather. We've got a lovely sunny day again here today.

chopinandmysaucepan said...

Well, at least you're heading into spring unlike us down under :)