
These are getting to the end of their season so the berries are shorter than they are at their peak.

They are one of the many hyrbids between the raspberry and the blackberry (bramble). They are quite sharp in taste but resemble a raspberry more than a bramble. They crop over many weeks and I can report, after my toast and jam this morning, they make a wondeful conserve. Mine is the thornless type but I understand that the thorny ones have even longer fruits.
4 comments:
They look rather splendid!
Very artistic photos! We have the thorny variety and it is a beast, but as you say the fruits do tend to be longer. You risk life & limb picking them though!
I might be after you for a cutting at some stage then, Sewali!
I'd just love to have room for lots of these wonderful hybrids. I like the sound of a jostaberry too - a blackcurrant/gooseberry hybrid.
Post a Comment