VEGETABLE HEAVEN

Growing and eating lovely food. Trying something different. Saving seeds, breeding my own varieties. Gardening isn't dull!



Tuesday, 29 April 2008

Toms and legumes

I've potted on many of my tomatoes - they are enjoying the sun since, contrary to the forecast (again!) it's gorgeous. I've been out in a my shirt-sleeves potting up the largest of the tomatoes and Italian sweet peppers to let them get going a bit. I'm expecting the weather to break by tonight though as we're off out with the Natural History Society on its first evening meeting of the year. Getting soaked is traditional!

I finished sowing the beans too (I think!) with the last of the Kew Blue, the Yin Yang and the Serbian Pole Beans, the latter from the Evington Hilltop friends.

My 4 butternut squash and 4 zuchini are up and running and I was delighted if not hysterical to discover that 3 of my King Tut peas are alive and well and living in Yorkshire. And it's not even May yet!

5 comments:

HayWayne said...

From now on I will know you as Flum, Queen of the Tomatoes! They look great!

Kath said...

Why thank you Young Man! (And that's only a fraction of them!)

Lavenderblue and Storm said...

Wow! your plants are amazing. I've not even put my tomatoes in yet...

BilboWaggins said...

I'm getting tired just reading all this (smile), although I did walk 6 miles around Whinlatter today!

hugs, Bilbo

Kath said...

6 miles is a bit much for me Bilbo!
Thanks for your comments Lavender and Storm. The plants are still coming indoors at night. We can get frosts here until the end of May.