I have also sown Lancashire Lad peas from the HSL which have purple pods, though I am assured the peas inside are green. These two will give me peas to eat fresh and peas to dry. I only have 10 seeds of the LL peas, but 20 of the Latvian - this year will mainly be bulking up for seed. - Exciting though!
I've got loads of little toms peeking through too. Golden sunrise, Sungold (orange cherry) Sub-Arctic Plenty - said to be early and cope with cooler weather - Tiger Tom (HSL) Black Krim and Kraci's baba.
My 'ordinary' pea for this year is Markana which I grew last year (and got a prize in the local show!) It is one of the 'tendril instead of leaf' types - makes it easier to see the peas. I'm also growing Oregon Sugar Pod again.
Today I've sown 10 seeds of Crimson Flowered broad bean, a kind gift from Muckdiva - a friend from the Grow Your Own forum. She will shortly be receiving a few Black Cherry tom seeds in exchange.
Tomorrow I shall be at the new lottie with my lottie-mate Ali. We're measuring it up and I've got a boysenberry and a hildaberry to plant at my end where there is some trellis. Aching a bit - in a nice way! - so I'm having a rest now.

1 comment:
Your lottie looks lovely, i can't wait to see the pictures of it growing and developing over the summer :)
Post a Comment