This is the old view of the front garden path - seriously thick with moss. I've spent a few garden sessions lifting turf and stacking it for future loam and yesterday I began the process of laying weed suppressing membrane and coarse bark. Yesterday was very windy with, as they say, hilarious consequences. I chased the flapping ends of my ground cover fabric and narrowly missed both it and me ending up in the pond.
I now have a length of it covered in the chipped bark and have managed to go round the first corner today. It's giving me more planting room which I'm glad of. It's a bit depressing to think I've only done about a third, but it's very cheering and encouraging to realise I've done almost a third - all depends on how you look at it!
Today I also did some seed sowing. Four more lots of my cutting flowers were sown - Cosmos, Larkspur, Clarkia and Ammi majus, together with Black Tuscan kale, Sungold tomat
oes and Lollo rosso lettuce. I put in the last of the Sutton broad beans too, and have now nearly filled the coldframe.
New view of the path shows the woodland walk effect I'm going for.

No comments:
Post a Comment