I took a trip out on Saturday to spend Christmas and Birthday money on some posh 'climbing frames' for my heritage beans. As I'm growing my veg in the garden I don't want it to look too 'allotmenty' and one of them will go in the front garden for sweet peas in the new cut flower bed. We intend to make some home made obelisks later in the year - the weather will need to warm up first though! DIY is done outside or in the garage (might as well be outside!).I sowed my home-saved sweet peas yesterday too. Most of the seeds were dark brown, like the originals. However, about half a dozen were white. I put these in a separate pot to see what the difference in the plants is.
Wigwams - A man went to the doctor complaining that sometimes he dreamt he was a wigwam. Sometimes he dreamt he was a teepee. "Relax," said the doctor, " You're two tents."
Groan.....

2 comments:
I like your choice of obelisks. I think they will look fine with your heritage peas growing up them.
I too quilt for a hobby, and I have an allotment to grow flowers and veggies. Two like minded women I should say.
We grew some peas up wigwams like that last year and they worked really well. Like you say, look nicer in the garden than rows of bambo canes. :)
Post a Comment