The long-awaited seed potatoes have arrived and are chitting in egg boxes in the spare room (unheated at the present). I am mainly growing Arran Pilot which I had great success with last year - and love the flavour. I have a small pack of Lady Chrystl - also grown previously, and which I intend to plant in large pots in the greenhouse a month earlier than usual - try to steal a march on the weather. This year my new potato is Orla. Looking forward to trying this one in pots too.
Speaking of the weather - it has been seriously wet (and windy) the last couple of weeks - flooding in the area again - some poor souls have been hit twice in the past 7 months.
I have stayed indoors to make quilt blocks and do some fair-isle knitting in the vicious weather so not much done in the garden. I have germinated a batch of sweet peas though, and they are now in the greenhouse acclimatising to the cold. I'm starting to feel that I should get my second sowing of broad beans in modules to go alongside the autumn row and a half, but that can wait till weekend - or at least, till it feels a bit warmer in the shed!

No comments:
Post a Comment