Went out shopping today and nipped into Wilko's to see how strong my resolve is. I had to keep smacking me hand but I managed to come out with just a pack of Parmex (globular) carrot seeds. Just before Christmas I had an order of hot-smoked salmon from the Arbroath Smokies company (dribble, drool) and they came in a large polystyrene box. Ha ha! says I. The year of the fishbox it is! I had some success with carrots in pots last year (more than in the garden truth be told - all down to the dreaded slugs). I intend to sow the parmex thinly in the (5" deep) polystyrene box - about 18 x 30" - and start them off on the greenhouse staging well away from the evil beasts. When the greenhouse is starting to fill up I'll bring them out to the patio. Sounds like a plan?
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, my Grapevine friend Hazel sent me a pack of California Wonder pepper seeds she had spare. Thanks Hazel!
Watering,Walking and Waiting for Rain
16 hours ago

1 comment:
Our Wilko is no where near ready for seeds - still flogging off the Christmas stuff. Boo! Probably just as well, actually - I've only just been able to get the lid on the seed tin, without starting all over again...
Good innit?
Post a Comment