
Once again we went to East Briscoe for our holiday, in a row of farm cottages and barns on a hilltop with their backs to the wind. Daughter and family stayed in a barn and we had a one-bedroomed cottage. It was cold but delightful. One of the things we all enjoyed was catching the little native crayfish in a (pink - the grand-daughters are 6 and 3!) fishing net. After they were given names (?) they were released again into the stony stream near the cottages.

When I got home I noticed that the Bird's Egg beans were colouring up nicely. They will be allowed to dry further and be shelled out. I also pulled up the Yoghurt home-developed dwarf white cannelini type bean for drying indoors. They were well on their way.

Just before we left for the holidays we lifted the main crop potatoes as the haulms had died down. Not a bad yield for the number of seed potatoes we grew.
3 comments:
Welcome home m'dear, glad you and the little ones all had a good time. How lovely for three generations to holiday together - making memories.
Your beans and tatties look good, much better than anything I've produced this summer.
Gorgeous beans. I am jealous, as it is a very hard breed to obtain! Thanks for sharing.
Those native British crayfish are quite rare. Being eaten by immigrant American cousins I believe... first the squirrels then the crayfish.. whatever next?
Post a Comment