VEGETABLE HEAVEN

Growing and eating lovely food. Trying something different. Saving seeds, breeding my own varieties. Gardening isn't dull!



Saturday, 14 May 2011

Wedding!

Son and daughter-in-law pictured with their 2 nieces at their Friday 13th wedding. The gentleman in question usually has a rather rough looking beard and short but free-range hair. His sister (mum to the little girls) described his wedding look as Bertie Wooster!



Here they are enjoying a laugh with my Mum, soon to be 90 years old. Naturally enough, all the pictures with us on were taken by other people.





Typical thumbs up and mad grin pose! I only have one picture of the two of them standing side by side and it came out a bit blurry - the wind was blowing. He is 6 ft 8" and she is 5 ft and a tea leaf!


The evening finished with a folk session and food at the local pub where they play on a Monday evening. Lovely energetic Irish traditional music with much clapping and singing along. Altogether a fantastic day.




9 comments:

Caro said...

Oh I love a wedding! What super photos, and so lovely to have your Mum there. An event to be treasured by all no doubt! Thanks for sharing with us!

Jo said...

Ahhh, congratulations to all. It sounds like you had a wonderful day.

BilboWaggins said...

I was thinking of you yesterday, kiddo. Glad it all went well - your Mum is looking very well which is lovely to see.

Now do tell - how was the 3-tier pork pie {smile}.

(and do we get a piccy of you and Head Rooster in your finery)

sewali said...

Some lovely pics, sounds like a great day had by all. Aren't the girls growing up?!

QuiltSue said...

I hope that Bertie Wooster and his bride have a long and happy life together.

littlekarstar said...

Congratulations! Sounds like it was a very special day!

Sue Garrett said...

She's my size then and as I say perfume doesn't come in the same size bottle as disinfectant!

Hazel said...

Ahhhhhhhh! Doesn't she look lovely (what a distinctive necklace - it goes so well with thd dress too), and he looks like a 40's movie star (although I don't know if they made 'em that tall then).

Glad your ma could make it too - I must say that she doesn't look 90! Actually, on closer scrutiny, I'm a bit worried that she has fewer wrinkles than I have!!

Kath said...

Thanks for all your comments. I do actually have a photo of the Pork Pie Wedding Cake - next post!