
The village Christmas Tree looks gorgeous with its sprinkling of snow. The 'presents' are boxes wrapped by the children of the village school. They also made some cut out and laminated snowflakes which are also hanging on the tree. The lights will be switched on this weekend with carols and mince-pies.

This view shows the tree's position on Main Street next to the church. You can see that the road, although regularly gritted, still has a covering of snow. There are abandoned cars in the village and a friend who decided to go to work on the bus had to get out at one point and help the driver to move an abandoned car which blocked the route - someone trying to get to work since the bus passed that way.

It's just like Narnia. Remind me to get rid of that wardrobe!
9 comments:
Just the time to get some snow photos - if you want to make your own Christmas cards!
I do make my own photo cards GLA. I have some of the stained glass window in the church - it's a Nativity scene. Going to print off some of the tree though!
According to the TV your part of the world has been pretty badly hit. Hope that you, Himself and the Rock Chicks are all warm and snug - how are the new windows?
The chickens seem to take everything in their stride.
Windows are great - except they found a deep gouge in the frame of (naturaly) the largest one - living room, after peeling off the protective film. They re-ordered and it should have been fitted yesterday but I doubt they've had it delivered to them yet. Still, we haven't paid yet so I don't feel too miffed - except that the window will have to come out again!
Yes it's ebautiful but I think it's time it went away now don't you?
I'm sorry about the window, and I'm tempted to say "oh what a pain", but I won't.
It will be really festive turning on the lights in the snow, it will give it a proper Christmasy feel.
You are in a winter wonderland aren't you!!!!
I'm almost wishing we were too. It's still a half-hearted snowy icy SW Suffolk. We're on an island of mediocre snow and unable to escape!
I bet you're giving those hens lots of treats ;-)
Celia
Yes!! I remember the children walking through the fur coats in the wardrobe and then they turned to snow covered pine trees! I'm looking forward to the next Narnia film - Dawn Treader soon!
It's even deeper today - and this evening we had the Big Switch-on of the tree lights. I've taken a few pics, I must try to post them tomorrow.
The hens are getting hot mash twice a day with little treats added in - raisins, sweetcorn, occasionally mealworms. They seem to be coping well with the cold but they are under a roof (which has to be scraped clear of snow every day!)
Post a Comment