
On Friday several of us spent a lovely crisp sunny day around the village gardens and hedges, gathering greenery for Christmas Welcome Rings and Pomanders. We heaped it into mounds in the church and set to to prettify the village.

People from both the In Bloom group and the Church community joined together in an intensive wreath making factory on Saturday. We had already met in October to moss up the rings so we were able to make an early start.

Some of the pomanders awaiting collection, which had spent the previous night hanging in someone's garden. Sadly, all our greenery which had been heaped by the South door of the church on Friday, was also covered in snow and had to be well shaken before bringing indoors.

Some of the Door rings awaiting collection. We made over 60 and have 10 pomanders to do. They take so much longer that we only had 4 ready on Saturday but there are a couple more sessions later this week.
6 comments:
Those are lovely! Really nice job.
Magnificent effort, I wish I lived in your village!
I can't decide which I like most, the wreaths or the pomanders. If I lived in your village I'd have to have both I think.
They look wonderful. I'm sure your village must look very cheery and Christmasy with those hanging on people's doors.
Thanks all! We still have a few orders to make up tomorrow. Unfortunately our spare foliage is in a heap in the churchyard - under a foot of snow - and it's still falling. We'll have chilled hands before we start!
I think this is such a lovely idea.
Take care in the snow (or 'what snow?' if you live round here!)
Celia
Post a Comment