And it would happen on the day we are having 4 of our windows replaced! This includes the massive living room window which has 2 top openers and a huge double glazed pane. This now leaks and gets steamy but it is also not safety glass. The time had come for a new window, split into more sensible divisions. While the chaos ensued we thought we'd have the kitchen and study windows - also steaming up in certain weathers - and the landing window replaced. All the windows will now be 'ours' since we came here 11 years ago.
Pretty sprinkling of snow - but I could have done with it to wait a day!

9 comments:
Not good window replacing weather, I have to agree, but I'm jealous, we haven't got snow (yet!). You should be toasty warm once the jobs complete though!
We had all our windows replaced a few weeks ago and were dreading gales, rain, freezing cold. As it turned out we have the best two days that we could have had and the weather was kind to us so I do sympathise with you - hope you are not too cold!
Our heating is being replaced in a couple of weeks so hoping it isn't too cold then as the job will take 4 days!!
Goodness gracious, M'dear, that's not just first snow but definitely real, proper, it looks like it will settle snow.
What do the Rock Chicks think of all the white stuff?
Hope the windows go in nicely and you are soon all warm and snug.
Pretty snow frosting!
Waiting for our secondary glazing to be fitted... hope it makes a big difference!
Celia
Pretty, but definitely the wrong day for it. oh and sshhh, don't tell Sewali, but we had some too.
We've had a light sprinkling of snow here, but it's so cold, definitely not the weather for windows replacing. Hope it all went well.
I hope it's not breezy. We had all the windows out our first autumn in Cornwall, when we had the worst gale since 1892, gusting 120 mph at sea level. I dread to think what it was doing up on the moors where we were!
It is suppose to be a snowy one this winter, el nino or somethin. We have not had snow yet but a couple hours north has.
Snow hasn't made it to London yet, but I have a feeling that it will come any day now.
Post a Comment