
The early
sowings of Heritage Tomatoes and Chili peppers. They spend the day in the greenhouse now and only come in at night.

The rest of my Kent Blue peas are settling in at the home vegetable plot. They don't seem to have been touched by pigeons. (Fingers are still being crossed though!)

We are told that this has been the coldest winter in Britain for 30 years. I
believe it too. I still have snowdrops in the garden - this is a double which was here when we came. No
daffs in flower yet though. No frogspawn. It's a very late season.

This little primula is out because it's in a pot in a sheltered area. The last few nights have remained above zero though, so let's hope the worst is over.
I'm soaking some peas ready for sowing tomorrow. I don't always soak them first. It depends how I feel! I'd just put these in separate pots of water then noticed how different in size the seeds are. I
hoiked out one of each for comparison. Sugar Snap on the left, Magnum
Bonum on the right.
9 comments:
The pea experiments are so charming. I hope spring is truly here also -- I keep waiting for another downpour, though.
What a pretty snowdrop, we've found some clumps at the back of the shrubbery but they are just the ordinary native Galanthus nivalis, not as classy as yours.
Your snowdrop looks like Flore pleno, the common double I grow.
I think you're right Robert. In the wood opposite there is the common nivalis, flore pleno and a Spring Snowflake - all garden chuck-outs but they look lovely there.
I am carting many of my tomatoes out during the day (into our greenhouse) and in at night (into the house or shop) - repeat the next day.
The peas are looking good!
I seem to do this for a couple of months kitsapFG. Cheaper than heating the greenhouse!
Looking good! x janeyo x
Tom's and peppers are looking happy. Love the primula, they are my favorite.
Your chilli plants look great - I haven't even planted mine yet!
Michelle
Post a Comment