VEGETABLE HEAVEN

Growing and eating lovely food. Trying something different. Saving seeds, breeding my own varieties. Gardening isn't dull!



Friday, 23 October 2009

Walnut bonanza


This large trug is now full of walnuts. We've eaten quite a lot just as they are but a couple of days ago I made a date and walnut cake (with 2 of our own hens' eggs!) This is really gorgeous. Mrs Beaton recipe, nothing special, but the fresh nuts make such a difference.

6 comments:

sewali said...

Ooooh, yummy, I need some for my next coffee & walnut cake! I wonder where I can get them from locally?

Daniel Chapman said...

What a lovely bunch of nuts :-) Fresh walnuts are so good!

QuiltSue said...

Yummy!

Stefaneener said...

Oh, yum! I wish I could find a local tree.

BilboWaggins said...

That is some serious quantity of nuts! I don't know I have ever had fresh walnuts, perhaps we should add a tree to the Bag End planting list?

Matron said...

Fresh anything is always heaps better than anything you buy. Nuts are no exception, I love the texture of fresh nuts.