I decided it was a good time to plant my Japanese over-wintering onion sets. It's been so dry for so long that there didn't seem much point in planting them previously. I went out into nice soft soil and got them all in. I hope to be harvesting these in June and although they don't keep as long as the spring sown/planted onions, they will tide me over that gap.
For the last 2 days I've been getting my teeth into some sewing again. I'm making an oxo type (2 blocks) quilt for some friends who are getting married next year. They are the ones I'm growing the flowers for too. As Himself's away at a conference for a few days, I'm sewing at unreasonable hours too! The local Fish and Chip van is at the village hall this evening so I don't even have to stop to cook!
The Autumn Paintbrush is Out
3 days ago

5 comments:
Nice when crafting and cooking don't collide! I just dusted off the machine -- skirt for daughter #2, and a quilt for the nephew is in the works.
Oh, for unlimited time.
The onions sound good.
That sounds like a blissful week. I have some wonderful garlic from Hazel that is waiting to be planted but we need more rain first.
Look forward to seeing your sewing.
I always hated having to come in and cook through the summer when all I wanted to do was be in the garden all evening so I completely know what you mean.
We have had the first rain for ages here too so I shall be following your lead on the onion front over the next couple of days. Wall to wall sunshine forecast for next week so I shall have to crack on though.
ooh, I love it when I can have a day like that - time to myself (shared with a sewing machine), no need to cook, and best of all, no time constraints to work to.
Look forward to seeing the OXO quilt.
How Great that you are sewing again - it's been some time since you have shown us a quilt........not a lot doing in the garden here - too much rain at the moment - did wonder if I should start making an Ark!
Post a Comment