VEGETABLE HEAVEN

Growing and eating lovely food. Trying something different. Saving seeds, breeding my own varieties. Gardening isn't dull!



Tuesday, 15 September 2009

Silver Gilt

I spent most of a sunny but breezy day in Bridlington but I didn't even get a paddle. I was with several hundred others at the Spa complex (above, with orange frontage) as part of the Yorkshire in Bloom project. Our little village was awarded Silver Gilt. We are really chuffed about this. We entered for the first time 3 years ago and had Silver the first year and again last year. To get Silver Gilt this year is a tribute to the hard work of our team of 8. Our next meeting is chez Veg Heaven next week. I think we deserve a cake and some Fizzy!

7 comments:

BilboWaggins said...

MANY, MANY congratulations!

You deserve this, and I hope you continue to get more and more recognition for all that you and the WiB team do.

sewali said...

Big congratulations to all involved, it's a big commitment on top of your garden and lottie, so well done you!

Clare Channing said...

Really well done you and the "blooming" 8. Enjoy your cake and fizzy - well deserved, I'm sure x

Hazel said...

Well done all of you! Mind you, all the way to Bridlington with no paddle and it looks so inviting too! I hope you had a turn around the pier instead.

You certainly deserve your cake & fizzy next week!

QuiltSue said...

I think you deserve a LOT of cake and a LOT of fizzy. Well done to all of you.

Celia Hart said...

Well done to you all - lots of fizzy and a BIG cake is thoroughly deserved. I bet you worked really hard - must be satisfying that your extra efforts this year were noticed by the judging panel :-)

Celia

Kath said...

Thank you all. We are still a bit stunned to tell you the truth. Many categories didn't have any gold medals awarded so we're really puffed up with our silver gilt!