VEGETABLE HEAVEN

Growing and eating lovely food. Trying something different. Saving seeds, breeding my own varieties. Gardening isn't dull!



Wednesday, 28 January 2009

RNLI fundraising day

I believe that Friday this week is a big national fundraising day for the Royal National Lifeboat Institute but here in the village, the indoor bowling club has a regular booking for Fridays. There is therefore a coffee morning for the charity on Thursday. Here are 2 bags of blueberry muffins, a butter cake (to be filled with home-made jam when it's cool) and a box of lemon and sultana drop scones. The idea is so serve tea/coffee with a cake, bun or biscuit and anything over will be sold on a cake stall. As the founder of the village Cake Club I really had to do my bit!

3 comments:

sewali said...

Yum, wish I lived closer!

BilboWaggins said...

Oh, sultana drop scones . . . dribbles on keyboard!

Matron said...

Ditto to the above!!! that reminds me, I wanted to make some welshcakes this weekend. hmmm