I got home from shopping yesterday morning to find a parcel from my Grapevine friend Pigletwillie - it contained some rather rare seeds! I have a butter beans - to be grown like a runner but left to ripen and use in winter, a Serbian pole bean - new to me but I do like the climbing beans and seeds of an onion called Rose de Roscoff. I've sown some of the latter today on the kitchen windowsill, which currently only contains seedlings of 3 chilli peppers.
BACKSTORY - On a grapevine thread about supermarket poly bags last summer I mentioned that I make patchwork shopping bags, and PW asked if I took orders. I said, 'only in the winter' and the next day the heavens opened and it rained for 2 months. Yes, it was all my fault! So, with no reason to be outside, I made a shopper then and there for Mrs PW and suggested barter instead of payment - hence my rare and unusual seeds. Thanks very much Piglet.
I've been a little sew and sew this morning and I've put together a small quilt for Project Linus - quilts for children in hospital, which they then take home for keeps. I put it together from my scrap bag and some Delectable Mountain blocks passed to me over a year ago from my dear friend Bilbo. I hope to have the chance to quilt and bind it during the week and I'll take it to the Festival of Quilts in the summer to hand over to PL. Thanks Bilbo!

3 comments:
You're very welcome. Congratulations to YOU for making such a pretty litle top out of my poor little orphan blocks. Great idea to set them like that, but then I always knew you were a clever girl!
More seeds to come Mum, thats only part payment for such a fine bag.
Hello again. I like your quilt. Our group (log cabin quilters, Lanford) also make quilts for Project Linus. They are such a good cause and well worth all the effort.
Post a Comment