Yes! It's gone - no picture, but who wants to look at a hole in the ground? As I suspected, the dross near the hedge contained a snoozing tiggy so I carefully mounded the dried leaves around it and removed the clump of roots. I chopped through the roots under the stump (which had been hacked to just below my knee height) and by sticking the fork into the centre I managed to rock the roots out. Probably did the fork no favours! In effect I screwed it out!
Jobs for the week - put some fine chicken wire over the area then removed compost bins there. Distribute most of the contents around the garden. The uncomposted stuff can then start the heaps for this year.
I'm feeling rather chuffed with myself as this morning I completed four more blocks for my big yellow quilt. I need 56 and I've so far done 42. Off to think about dinner - It's my turn this week.
Watering,Walking and Waiting for Rain
16 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment