VEGETABLE HEAVEN

Growing and eating lovely food. Trying something different. Saving seeds, breeding my own varieties. Gardening isn't dull!



Monday, 31 January 2011

Baby Rainbows finished (quilt)

Fairly basic quilting but I know it will be dragged around the floor, yokked up on, anointed with various bodily substances - such is the fate of the baby play mat.


I called it Baby Rainbows for fairly obvious reasons when you see the quilt as a whole. Loud and bright - a bit like CBeebies!
Hoping to get another top sandwiched later today and a vat of marmalade made on Wednesday. You have to do something when you are pining for a garden that isn't white over with frost!

6 comments:

BilboWaggins said...

Cor Missus, that's a bit special! Well done to you, I'm sure the little 'un will be delighted with it.

( and this little 'un was delighted to recognise quite a few fabrics in the piano keys border when I enlarged the photo :} )

sewali said...

Gorgeous quilt, I love it! Lucky baby.

Jo said...

Wonderful, I love the colours. That will get the little'un stimulated. Will it be Seville Orange marmalade?

Hazel said...

Cor - love that! I'm sure that highly coloured and patterned quilts are fascinating for the baby (and don't show the dirt!)

Kath said...

Thanks all - and yes Jo, it will be Seville.

Maureen said...

Your quilts are beautiful. i haven't quilted in a long time now so don't get me tempted as I already dabble in too many crafts my latest being knitted and felted bags and wet and needle felted flower brooches. here is a link to my craft/recipe blog

http://allotmentheavencraftsandrecipes.blogspot.com/