Halls duly decked - boughs of holly of course, but also fragrant cupressus, bay and rosemary so it smells lovely. Since I took this photo I've added bunches of large gold baubles where the swags are attached to the uprights and I've draped a long string of pearls (hell, I'm posh!) loosely round the greenery. Fairly lights are lit up too so it looks very festive.
Another bunch of seasonal greenery (and reddery) to disguise the filing cabinet in the hall.
Christmas wreath on the door to welcome Yule and friends who call. I make all the decoration for home which helped to get me roped in to decorating our village church for its Carols by Candlelight service which is taking place this evening. Most of the carols are accompanied by the church organist but since we came to the village my sister and I have sung or led a carol on guitars so it makes a bit of a change (and gives the organist a rest!)This is a large mirror to which I've added a wire armature so I can tie in swags of greenery and dried items, including cinnamon sticks - yet more lovely aromas. It wasn't till I looked at the photo that I realised there was a bunch of cupressus trying to escape - must wire it in!
Table centre - and I SHALL light the candle. At mealtimes it will have to be moved so we can get at the grub but it can go on the windowsill till we've eaten.
Sideboard arrangement - these are just scattered on a gold plate - no water but they should all last well enough.
Slightly fuzzy pic here but my excuse is that it was dark and the soup was steamy! It's our tradition Christmas Soup which contains apple, onion, celery and tomato (they are mandatory ingredients) and often additions like carrot when I'm in the mood. This one has added carrot (so I should be able to see in the dark?) It was made a day or so ago and put in the freezer.
Happy Christmas, peace on earth, goodwill to all mankind.

4 comments:
Those decorations are wonderful! Who needs tinsel when you can have the real thing from hedgerows! When I take Buddy for a walkies today I am taking a pair of secateurs!!
I love all your decorations Flum, you have been busy. Does this mean the floors are finished? Holly cutting is a christmas eve tradition here!
Happy Yule, Mrs Flummery. Your decorations look wonderful - my kind of stuff, but this year I confess I've left the holly & ivy for the birds.
Yes Sewali, the floor is finished! All furniture put back and the Christmas quilt is out. I do love to use real greenery for decorations - 25 years of working in an inner city primary school put me off tinsel - cheap and cheerful but not for me!
I take a walk with me secateurs too, Matron. I'm sure it would count as an offensive weapon!
Post a Comment