
Small and not very clear pictures of the Big Jim chilli and the golden Sunrise tomato - Could maybe have done better but only by kneeling in the just-watered border! Golden Sunrise is a variety I haven't grown before and they are the first of 6 varieties to set fruit. There is a Sungold not far behind, but so far, I'm impressed. The flavour remains the selling point though! Jury still out!
I received a package yesterday from a friend of a friend who sent me an Arum Italicum Pictum that I'd been scouring the garden centres and nurseries for. She had read my comment on my friend's blog. The power of T'Internet!
Yesterday the rains came down big time. I'm sure lots of people here were in fear of a repeat of the flooding of a year ago.

I hid from the rain and finished this little quilt. I've shown it here before but it now has its binding on and is ready for the Project Linus stall at the Festival of Quilts. Linus is the character in the Peanuts cartoons who carries his security blanket around with him. Project Linus provides quilts/blankets for children in hospitals, hospices, in women's refuges with their mums. Altogether a good thing to do with ones scraps! The big shapes in the middle are 'orphan' blocks from my friend Bilbo - 4 Delectable Mountains blocks - maybe the quilt should be called Delectable Left-overs? (I can't be the only one who thinks that left-overs are sometimes better than the original dish? Certainly works for a curry!)
Amazon have just informed me that the book they've been looking for on my behalf, "Breed your own Vegetable Varieties" is now on its way to me. Great excitement. There'll be worse than furtling going on down that allotment!

3 comments:
You are a clever Mrs Flummery, aren't you? Those blocks look far better than I ever thought they could (in fact, when I sent them to you I could not imagine you'd be able to do anything at all with them - giggle), that red stop border with the pieced blue border is great. How lovely of R. to send you the Arum - she is coming up to Cumbria next week and I hope I will get to meet her. Cheers, Bilbo
How on earth did I get the bit about R. in bold? The wonders of technology . . .
Love the quilt, Flum, you're going to make a child very happy. Bilbo, if you've already made these delectable mountains, you're 90% of the way to making my quilt too. All you do is add another triangle to the other end of the longest pale strip, which makes the pinwheels. It's all down to arrangement after that.
Post a Comment